Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Lease provided for $1,291 rent plus utilities. months we…

Customer Question
Lease provided for $1,291 rent...
Lease provided for $1,291 rent plus utilities. For eight months we paid the rent and not the utilities (it was not totally clear to us that we owed the utilities, but on closer reading of the lease we do indeed owe the rent plus utilities.)
Yesterday we got a three day eviction notice to pay the utilites or be evicted.
1. They accepted the lesser amount for 8 month.
2. No notice to us we were deficient.
3. They sent us a notice that we could extend for a year if we let them know by March 15.
4. Since the lease the have cut the available parking from 100 to 50.
5. They have not replace a painted over window which they agreed to do in writing.
6. The bathroom sink has been clogged for months and reported as such.
Question: haven't they put themselves in a box by accepting the lesser rent for 8 months?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/8/2016
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 2 years ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Were the amount of parking spaces spelled out in the lease?

.

Was the sink draining when you took occupancy?

.

What does the lease say about plumbing problems?

.

.

thanks

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer