Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can they raise your rent every year

Customer Question
Can they raise your rent every year
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Email add is [email protected]
3/7/2016
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Yes, the landlord can raise the rent at the beginning of every rental. If you have a one-year lease, then he the rent can be raised when the lease is renewed after the one-year period. In a month-to-month lease, the rent can be raised every month, because each month as a separate lease term. I hope that this is helpful.

Thanks call act.

I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.