Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Does Cher are coming tomorrow to evict me I am the owner of…

Customer Question
Does Cher are coming tomorrow...
Does Cher are coming tomorrow to evict me I am the owner of the home but my brother is living there not as a tenant but an occupant what can I do to stop this I have been trying for 4 days
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2016
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The only thing to do at this time, would be to file an emergency motion with the court, asking to stay the eviction proceedings. You would need to present good cause and a legal basis to the Judge, for this to be granted. Seeing how this is happening tomorrow, you would need to go to the courthouse as soon as the doors open and file the motion and ask that it go before a Judge to be heard. For this to be granted, there really is going to need to be exceptional circumstances for the Judge to allow it. I know this is not ideal any defenses which could have been raised, should have been raised, while all this was previously being litigated.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!