How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. My issue is do I have any options

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****. My issue is do I have any options other than a no contact order or a protection order to get my ex boyfriend out of my apartment?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Such as.. Everything is in my name
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Immediately, probably not unless he does something more that could get him arrested. If he is not on the lease, you could give him notice to terminate his tenancy. If he has lived there for more than 30 days, he has rights as a tenant. With no lease, he is a month to month oral tenant and in most states, 30 days notice will be sufficient notice for him to vacate. If he does not, then you can evict him. If he is a roommate, then you do not have this option. You would need to have the landlord evict him for a sufficient reason. If you are patient enough to wait 30-60 days, this method should get him out of the apartment.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.