Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can the landlord restrict me from getting another dog after…

Customer Question
Can the landlord restrict me...
Can the landlord restrict me from getting another dog after my dog dies and I have paid $1100 dollars for pet fees?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/6/2016
Lawyer: insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
insearchoftheanswer

Hi Sandra! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your dog....having a dog myself, I know how they become family! I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

With regard to your specific question, the answer is NO, the landlord cannot prevent you from getting another dog. You can either have a pet or you can't and since you have paid the pet fees and a pet it allowed, that allowance does not apply to a specific pet. The fact that the pet's identity will be changed due to the death of your dog does not restrict you from having another pet.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer