Landlord-Tenant

Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I'll a landlord for a apartment building I have a roommate
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hello I'll a landlord for a apartment building I have a roommate whom moved in his girlfriend and a pet (dog )they agreed to pay an additional fee of 100 DOLLARS per month and did for 2 years after th… read more
My landlord of 3yrs is pushing the issue of making me pay
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
My landlord of 3yrs is pushing the issue of making me pay their lawyers fee. They have consulted their attorney and he says that it is my charge because it was my dog that caused their home insurance … read more
My landlord is demanding me to pay part of his attorney's
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
My landlord is demanding me to pay part of his attorney's fee and adding $500 for pet deposit 1 yr after renewing the lease contract. Can they do that?… read more
My landlord's home insurance cancelled the renewal of their
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
My landlord's home insurance cancelled the renewal of their policy due to my dog being an unacceptable breed so their lawyer advised them to give me a 3day notice to get rid of the dog or move out. My… read more
I have a question about tenant/landlord disputes. I was just
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I have a question about tenant/landlord disputes. I was just given a paper from my landlord today saying that I have to pay an extra $1100 on top of my rent (which is due in 2 days). … read more
I moved out of my apartment and received a bill for
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I moved out of my apartment and received a bill for replacement of the carpet of near $1100 for the entire apartment. They reduced it to $672 after I went to discuss this. I lived there for 3 years an… read more
I paid my landlord $300 for a pet fee: "Absolutely NO
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
I paid my landlord $300 for a pet fee: "Absolutely NO animals of any kind are allowed on the premises unless specifically authorized in the Residential Lease Agreement. If you have been so authorized,… read more
My mentally disabled son received documentation on 4/7/2016
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
My mentally disabled son received documentation on 4/7/2016 of proof his dog is considered an Emotional Support animal. As his Rep payee, I contacted Management whom he rents from asking them to work … read more
I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
i currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other people to make a long story short we originally brought two dogs with us a mistake was made by the office staff and they only added one we went b… read more
I am the landlord. My tenant, signed a lease with a no pet
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I am the landlord. My tenant, Mary signed a lease with a no pet policy, unless a separate pet agreement is in place, and a pet deposit is paid and the landlord approves the pet because we don't want "… read more
I'm currently evaluating whether or not I'm going to pay the
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Hi, I'm currently evaluating whether or not I'm going to pay the fee or roll the dice with small claims. I need a question answered but first let me explain the situation. I owe $377.89 extra in damag… read more
In NJ, does the landlord have the right to charge the tenant
Loren, lawyer
In NJ, does the landlord have the right to charge the tenant additional fee for an ESA dog? According to the lease, I need to have landlord's permission to have a pet. And the landlord has the right t… read more
I moved into a new apartment in August. Nothing in the lease
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I moved into a new apartment in August. Nothing in the lease stated anything about banned breeds of dogs. IN terms of pets, the lease itself covered the part it has to according to the Fair Housing Ac… read more
Can my landlord stop me from getting a new dog after he allowed
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Can my landlord stop me from getting a new dog after he allowed me to have a dog for eleven years who recently died. I asked him about another dog and he said no. Can he get away with this?… read more
Texas. Signed 1 yr lease stating no pets. Was informed pet
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
Texas. Signed 1 yr lease stating no pets. Was informed pet addendum is available bc we intend to adopt dog. Addendum has restricted breeds therefor adopted a mix. Got all necessary shots. Presented do… read more
I am a National Guardsmember who is deployed to the Middle
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I am a National Guardsmember who is deployed to the Middle East on active duty. I have a lease in NYC (I am the only one on the lease, my husband is listed as legal occupant) with a no pet clause but … read more
I live in VA and have rented an apartment for going on 7 years.
Esquire38
Esquire38, Doctoral Degree
I live in VA and have rented an apartment for going on 7 years. I paid a security deposit of 200.00 a one time pet fee and a monthly pet rent. I have an older dog who urinated on the carpet over the l… read more
I RENT AN APRTMENT AN MY FAMILY IS TRING GIVE ME A 6MONTH YEAR
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Attorney
I RENT AN APRTMENT AN MY FAMILY IS TRING GIVE ME A 6MONTH YEAR OLD LABORDOODLE PUPPY MY LEASE DOES NOT STATE ANY WIEGHT RESTRICTION ON DOG JUST THAT THEY MUST BE INFORMED AND PAID 300 DOLLAR FLAT RATE… read more