Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Lynda. In good faith I deposited a months rent with the

Customer Question
Lynda. In good faith...

Lynda. In good faith I deposited a months rent with the prothonotary during a landlord-tenant civil case. The other party has not followed procedure and I've filed for a default judgement. How do I get my escrow money back? I filed a motion to release the monetary security but received a note saying that I need a rule to show cause. Where can I find that? Case law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Moved into a home in need of repair. After some repairs were done and appliances purchased the landlord denied ever making the deal. He is a litigious landlord and sued me for the rent! it was a very convoluted several cases. He kept filing stuff. We had a hearing during a snow storm that had a venue change and we missed the hearing so he filed to seize our property and won! We returned with a writ of certiori and stopped the sheriff sale! Won at the magisterial level when we sued for breach of contract and damages to our property and also won a case for double the security deposit. This has been going on for 5 years now...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 6 days by:
3/10/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You say you won the case completely? Has the other party paid you yet? All you are seeking is your escrow back from the court?