Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

MILY, I HAVE NON CANCELABLE EQUIPMENT LEASE AGREEMENT

Customer Question
I HAVE NON CANCELABLE...

I HAVE NON CANCELABLE EQUIPMENT LEASE AGREEMENT FOR A MERCHANT EQUIMENT. IS THERE A WAY TO GET OUT OF IT. I LIVE IN FLORIDA. THEY OVERPRICE IT.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
DO YOU NEED A COPY OF THE LEASE.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2016
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

How long is the lease? What basis, if any, do you believe you have for avoiding the lease? How long has the lease been in place? Can you attach a copy of the lease?

Usually merchant company lease this machines for under 40 dollars or you can find the exact model of the machines i have for 199 total price for each. Model number verifone vx520. They are charging me $24000 for them.
They are actually charging me $482.50 a month instead of the 450.00 even though it says total is 450

Are the images you attached a single lease or four different agreements? Other than the fact that you believe you can lease the equipment for less money is there any basis for challenging the validity of the lease such as the equipment not performing as represented? Is the price difference you mentioned the result of taxes on the lease payments?

It is the same lease. Basically the overpriced equipment 199 versus $24000. I also compare a different merchant and realized that i am overpaying monthly. On the first page it says $450 total including taxes.

I will review it and get back to you.

I reviewed the lease. Unfortunately I see no basis for terminating the lease. You have also misread some of the key terms of the agreement. The $450 payment is the net rental to the lessor. The lease in ¶25 specifically states that you will be responsible for all taxes such as use taxes applicable to the equipment. Also, as part of your lease payment you pay $5.95 per month as insurance to cover repairs not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

The fact that you could have gotten the same equipment for less money or on better terms is not a basis for cancelling a contract. No court is going to improve your contract. If you fail to pay you also will be responsible for the lessor's attorney fees and other costs of collection. The only option is to see what it costs to obtain a buyout of the lease. Other than that option I see no basis on which the lease can be terminated.

I am sorry for the bad news but that is where I see you standing legally.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney