Landlord-Tenant

Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
As per lease, tenant was obligated to pay $75 monthly for
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
as per lease, tenant was obligated to pay $75 monthly for utilities. payable together with the rent. Somehow the utilities - through an oversight - was never paid, while the rent was. Landlord did not… read more
In 2014 I defaulted on a lease (commercial) and moved after
Phillips Esq., Attorney
In 2014 I defaulted on a lease (commercial) and moved after receiving the 3 day notice. I was never served and did not discover that they had filed a UD until June of 2015. I filed a motion to vacate … read more
I co-signed son to rent an apartment. There was some
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I co-signed for my son to rent an apartment. There was some damage to a rug as a result of a broken water pipe in the kitchen which he did not cause. Now the landlord has sent a collection agency afte… read more
Our landlord had been told in August that we would need a 3
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Our landlord had been told in August that we would need a 3 bedroom apt or house and were actively looking. (our lease expired in November 14 and we were required to give 60 days written notice) We di… read more
Century Codes: I need North dakota century codes for the
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Century Codes: I need North dakota century codes for the following 1) Fair Credit Reporting Actf 2) Fair Debt Collection Practices Ac 3) Breach of the habitability because of the broken front door tha… read more
We moved out of an apartment we leased in SF and the landlord
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
We moved out of an apartment we leased in SF and the landlord sent us a bill for reprinting recharge ring and REPLACING the hard wood floor because of a scratch for over $18,000 and I have been trying… read more
i just have a general question....if a tenant bounces a check,
socrateaser, lawyer
i just have a general question....if a tenant bounces a check, and landlord goes to collect but tenant is not home, can the landlord tell person there that rent check bounced and for them to leave ano… read more
I have an issue with the company that owns the apartment complex
Ely, Counselor at Law
I have an issue with the company that owns the apartment complex I just moved out of. I asked them to explain their process and I never received an acceptable answer. We moved out on Sept, 5th. The mo… read more
Can I get charged for a months rent when the apartment manager
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Can I get charged for a months rent when the apartment manager told us we owed nothing? Also can they take off a tenant from a lease without signatures from all of the tenants. Lastly can they send to… read more
they have given me 30 days to respond to this notice and respond.
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
they have given me 30 days to respond to this notice and respond. if not teh debt will be assumed as valid. what main points should i hit within my response letter. I dont want to come across accusing… read more
Hello : I recently terminated my 1 year lease at my previous
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
Hello : I recently terminated my 1 year lease at my previous residence because, unhappy with the building, I purchased a condo. I gave the landlord 3 months notice, as I had no control over when the s… read more
If my previous landlord sent me to a collection agency for
Richard, Owner
If my previous landlord sent me to a collection agency for damages/ maintenance that I believe is unfair, should I hire a lawyer to help me, or can I offer a settlement? Please note that I attempted t… read more
Property management told my neighbor we gave a 30 day notice
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Property management told my neighbor we gave a 30 day notice to move. I was told that was a violation of the law. At the same time When I was moving out the Maintenance man entered my apartment withou… read more
I signed a 12 month lease with a landlord. I lived there for
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I signed a 12 month lease with a landlord. I lived there for 5 months and subleased another person for 7 remaining months. He signed a contract for 7 months. The sub-tenant was delinquent in payments,… read more
I have a tenant that I am having to evict. This is the first
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I have a tenant that I am having to evict. This is the first time I'm forced to do this, as I've been able to get past tenants to vacate my properties after I post the 3 Day Notice. I have hired an at… read more
Hi, One of the challenged to invest in real estate is the
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
Hi, One of the challenged to invest in real estate is the collection of the rent. If hiring a lawyer, the cost of collecting the rent might be higher than the rent itself and might not be worth gettin… read more
I gave my landlord verbal notice 03/31/12 I will be be vacating
Infolawyer, Attorney
I gave my landlord verbal notice 03/31/12 I will be be vacating her property as of 05/01/12. I'm currently 8 months in a one years lease, she accepted my verbal and immediately put a sign out front an… read more
I have a question for you, but if you do not think you can
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have a question for you, but if you do not think you can answer within an hour can you open it up to other experts? My landlord sent me to collections. I just sent a letter to the colelction agency … read more