Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Is it legal landlord to put my stuff out in the rain without…

Customer Question
is it legal for the...
is it legal for the landlord to put my stuff out in the rain without even giving me an eviction notice I live in the state of Arkansasand the landlord told me when I told him I could not pay right now because times were tough and my husband and you left me he told me don't worry about it was okay it was fine that I could stay there and my wife ended up getting turned off while my mother and father live not even two blocks away from me so I was staying at their house and I'm working trying to get the lights turned back on when I come up and all of my things are outside in the rain is this legal what can I do about this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/27/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Did the landlord have a court order for eviction? Did the sheriff put out your things or was it the landlord himself?

Also, which state?

Are you online with me?