Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Ware of Firrea, but didn't see anything in several articles…

Customer Question
ware of Firrea, but...
ware of Firrea, but didn't see anything in several articles on rent skimming. If Ky doesnt have a rent skimming statute and if there is no applicable federal statute, what can the note holder do if and when it is discovered after the sale that owner had a tenant
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/25/2016
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Can you explain a little more about your situation? What are you trying to accomplish?

Whether Kentucky has a rent skimming statute, and if so its citation. What federal statute, if any, criminalizes rent skimming

There is no federal rent skimming statute. Landlord/tenant issues are handled by the states. There is also nothing in Kentucky law that prohibits renting while a property is in foreclosure. Until the minute a property is foreclosed, it belongs to the landlord, and they're allowed to rent it out (because, theoretically, they could pay the past due balance or sell the house and avoid foreclosure at any time).

But I'd need more information on your situation to go over what your options might be.