Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How do I find out if the apartment I'm renting is covered…

Customer Question
How do I find out...
How do I find out if the apartment I'm renting is covered under the rent stabilization ordinance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/23/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What city, county, and state are you in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Los Angeles, California

Thank you.

This information is available at the LA Housing & Community Stabilization Dept. See HERE and please read all of this carefully. If the property was built on or before October 1, 1978 (as you say it was), it may be covered.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

I don't want to pay an additional $52. so please could I have the answers to my questions typed out.

Sure of course. I did already provide the answer. I am pasting it again below:

Thank you.

This information is available at the LA Housing & Community Stabilization Dept. See here:

http://hcidla.lacity.org/RSO-Overview

and please read all of this carefully. If the property was built on or before October 1, 1978 (as you say it was), it may be covered.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law