Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My partner passed away I was not on the lease as s partner…

Customer Question
My partner passed away I...
My partner passed away I was not on the lease as his partner but as his caregiver the manager had me jump through hoops for two days I gave her a money order for a background check I gave her my ID and social security card I had to go to Social Security to give her proof of income she said she had a one bedroom apartment for me and that I had to move in by the end of the week when I went in to fill out the paperwork that she said she was given the apartment to someone else. That was a week ago and no one has moved into the apartment I've been calling corporate and no one has returned my phone call. I want to know what my rights are they promised me an apartment and then they took it back. Rocky and I were partners for 18 years two years into our relationship he got sick and I had to become his primary caregiver. I asked several times to be put on the rental agreement and Aubrey the manager Was supposed to do the paperwork and never get it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/21/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a written lease agreement for a fixed term with this tenant?

Are you online with me?

I have noticed you are already working on this with another expert. So, I am opting out.

I'm not working with anyone else, you are the only one I have talked with.

Had you established residency in the apartment?

Are you still there?

Did the landlord sign the lease for the apartment you were promised?