Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord put in the lease that "tenant agrees to allow…

Customer Question
My landlord put in the...
My landlord put in the lease that "tenant agrees to allow landlord access to home to perform certain improvements to make house ready for sale in the event landlord decides to sell home" The are paying us to leave the house for a week to completely repaint and recarpet the home and are asking us to take all of our things off the walls,out of the closets, off tables,and dressers. Is it legal for them to ask us to do all of that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/19/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

The lease does not specify that you must participate in the improvements. If they want things off the walls and out of closets then it is no the landlord to do it and be responsible for any damage to your personal property.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please respond.

what is reasonable if the landlord wants to have a real estate agent hold open houses and they want us to leave for that and each time they want to show it?

No more than once every other day for showings. Once every other week for open houses.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer