Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I turned over my keys to the owner while I was cleaning the…

Customer Question
I turned over my keys...
I turned over my keys to the owner while I was cleaning the otwnhouse. Meeting had my contact information in the envelope. He told me to stop what I was doing as he had hired a cleaning service and carpet cleaners. The day after I left her started renovations and installed new appliances. He released the rental company and took the security deposit in full. He is now trying to charge me $1000+ for unpacked nail holes and touch upper paint. The tenant prior to me was evicted and there was unresolved damage to the property.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/19/2016
Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq

Do you have any pictures of evidence or prior damage before you moved in? Was there a walk through done before you moved in?