Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Our tenant we believe abandoned premisis. She hasn't paid

Customer Question

Our tenant we believe abandoned premisis. She hasn't paid rent or will answer us as to when she will pay. The utilities are reverting back to our name . She has broken the lease in not notifying us she intended to be gone longer then 7 days as well as maintaining the premisis. Nor has she given writtEn notice she intended to move. She left the premises with all her sons clothing, most her clothing if not all of it, all electronics, all but a few misc dishes, all towels, all photos and all her pretty items from her hutch. She left everything else. The 20 or so plants in the trailer are dieing from not being watered and there is spoiled meat in the fridge. She was a totally clean and neat tenant for about 13 months and the trailer is really dirty and the yard is filthy with trash and dog wastes. She has texted me she had to leave cause she and son are sick from heavy metal poisoning and she got it from planes spaying metals over Laramie, she also told Cheyenne housing whom She has a contract with also the same story .She hasn't answered a direct question of ours since before rent was due.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. What information are you seeking, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What steps do we take now? Do we need to do a 3 day quit notice still if we believe she has abandoned the place. Do we need to do anything else to end the tenancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or is the lease considered ended if she's gone and hasn't paid the rent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find your answer?