Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

We have a month to month tenant who has not paid rent since…

Customer Question
we have a month to...
we have a month to month tenant who has not paid rent since November 2015. We have also sold this property. we gave her, in writing, a 21 day eviction notice on 1/24/16. now she says by law, she has 30 days to evacuate property. the new buyers want to take possession probably next month. is it still legal if I give the renter an "extension of eviction" notice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you filed a forcible detainer action with the court?

Are you online with me?