insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer; developer/owner of RE developments.
17027240

My landlord is selling the property I am living at, what are

Customer Question

my landlord is selling the property I am living at, what are my rights. he has not sent me in writing he is selling he banged on my door to tell me this, the realtor he has hired has been calling me at work to telling me of times she is showing the property, i have told her not to call me at work any more and I have told her I need 24 hours notice, she now is emailing me the notices the latest showing I found out 11 hours before it, she sent me the email 25 hours before , I do not live on my computer so I do not see the emails all the time I check it once a day. she just tells me that she is showing up not giving me any say as when she can show the place, I have given her the day and times she can show but I feel she is taking advantage of me and my family
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Carol. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state are you located? Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new hampshire

Good morning Carol. And thanks for following up. New Hampshire law protects you here. There are two specific statutes that prevent these actions:

540-A:2 General Prohibition. – No landlord shall willfully violate a tenant's right to quiet enjoyment of his tenancy or attempt to circumvent lawful procedures for eviction pursuant to RSA 540. No tenant shall willfully damage the property of the landlord or prevent completion of necessary repairs or willfully deny tenants their right to quiet enjoyment of their tenancies.

Section 540-A:3 Certain Specific Acts Prohibited. –

V-d. Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, a landlord may only enter a tenant's dwelling unit without the consent of the tenant:
(a) To make emergency repairs pursuant to paragraphs IV and IV-a; or
(b) If the landlord has obtained an order authorizing the entry from a court of competent jurisdiction pursuant to RSA 540-A:4.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!