Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can i get a restraining order against my landlords a hostile…

Customer Question
can i get a restraining...
can i get a restraining order against my landlords for creating a hostile living environment by putting pad locks on the side door, u-locks on the refrigerator,intercepting my mail and not giving it to me,stealing money out of my room and from my guess,telling my visitors im not home,making threats about burning down the house,threatening me with with violence and lies to get me to leave,making false statements to the authorizes. Recently my room caught on fire and the owner refused to call the fire department. There are no smoke detectors anywhere on the property or in the house. Only I suffered property damage and they will not provide me with the home owners insurance information. they are using strong arm tactics to remove me from the property.They have made no attempt to make repairs to my room even after many offers to replace the windows and paint at no cost to them. The list continues on but my main concern is my safety until I can acquire and secure another place to live. They have enlisted others to assist them in their efforts to terrorize,harass and threaten me to leave.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!