Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My daughter moved into a low rent apartment in Red Lion PA.

Customer Question
My daughter moved into a...
My daughter moved into a low rent apartment in Red Lion PA . there is a large lamp on a tall pole that is supposed to light up the yard and parking lot. I called him the landlord about this 3 mos ago and he told me that he pays Met-Ed for the light nothing has been done. And I forgot to mention my daughter is fully disabled should she trip or fall he will have a law suit against him. Now enough for the outside now the inside baseboard heat which is expensive because she was in dire need of a low rent apartment right away will not come on until you put the temp on 90o hats crap and there are only a few electrical pulgs in the house and one behind the sofa in LR has been taped over and she was told not to use that ne and when she ased when he was going to fix this he never got back to her right away but when he did he told her if she doesn't like it move somewhere else.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Does your daughter have a written lease? Has your daughter made a written demand for the necessary repairs?

she has a written lease but has called this man on several occasions and he promised her he would take care of these issues
And he tells her is she doesn't like things the way they are then move.
she moved there because the rent was cheap and that's all she can afford

Thank you for the additional information.

If there is a written lease then the landlord is responsible for the maintenance and repair obligations contained in the lease agreement.

He can not force her to move to avoid the lease obligations.

Your daughter should make a written demand for the required repairs. If he still refuses then she should sue for breach of the lease.

She can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be user friendly so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

thank you for all your information and I will be chard $5.00 for good faith correct that what it said.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.