Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How much time does a landlord have to give you if you have…

Customer Question
How much time does a...
How much time does a landlord have to give you if you have livestock on a property before you are evicted
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2016
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Good morning. What is the basis for the eviction? Is there a lease in place or do you rent month to month

there is a lease

And the reason for the eviction?

Two reasons non payment of rent and property has been sold

Thank you for the additional information. The sale of the property, is not a basis for eviction, unless the lease allows for termination of it, in the event of sale. When a property is sold and there is a lease, the buyer/new owners, takes over and steps into the shoes of the seller/previous owner. However, the failure to pay rent is 100% a reason to evict. If the rent was not paid, then a notice to cure should have been given. If the rent is not paid, then the landlord can evict. Georgia law has no set time frame for how long a landlord must wait after giving the tenant an eviction notice and filing an eviction lawsuit. The process could take a few weeks and if you need more time, you would have to ask the Judge to order it, once the eviction is granted and you are ordered to vacate.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!