Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I would like to call the lawyer I was previously chatting…

Customer Question
I would like to call...
I would like to call the lawyer I was previously chatting with about the same subject matter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2016
Lawyer: MDLawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MDLawyer
MDLawyer, Lawyer

Do you have a question for me? I received an email that you requested me.

My tenant has been released from jail as of today. He is not coming back to my basement apartment to live. He broke clauses in the lease, I was advised to start eviction proceedings originally.
He wants half of his rent money back, what am I responsible for? If he is not returning and broken provisions of the lease am I required to return any of his money.
He called me from his cell phone.

What do you mean when you say that he wants half of his rent money back? Half of his rent money for January? On what basis is he saying you should give him half his rent back?