How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to call the lawyer I was previously chatting

Customer Question

I would like to call the lawyer I was previously chatting with about the same subject matter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a question for me? I received an email that you requested me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tenant has been released from jail as of today. He is not coming back to my basement apartment to live. He broke clauses in the lease, I was advised to start eviction proceedings originally.
He wants half of his rent money back, what am I responsible for? If he is not returning and broken provisions of the lease am I required to return any of his money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He called me from his cell phone.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean when you say that he wants half of his rent money back? Half of his rent money for January? On what basis is he saying you should give him half his rent back?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions