Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in louisville i have a houe i sold it and i hol the…

Customer Question
i live in louisville ky...
i live in louisville ky i have a houe i sold it and i hol the deed till is paid she gave me 300 for nov thenwanted me to take 100. i said no what can i do now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/26/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am going to assume that you and buyer have a contract that states (a) when she is supposed to pay and (b) how much, and that (c) once she finishes the payment, you will sign over the deed.

If so, then someone in your situation simply does not have to accept any amount of payment less than what was agreed upon in the contract. And if the contract does not allow early repayment, then she cannot do this, either.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.