Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How can I respond with a written answer to complaint of

Customer Question
Forcible Entry and Detainer. The...
how can I respond with a written answer to complaint of Forcible Entry and Detainer. The trial date is 2/2/16 but the court gives me the opportunity to respond 3 days to the trial date if I wished. I need your advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/26/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Has the landlord accepted your rent?

for the month he suing us for yes.
can i send you the first page of the notice:

If the landlord accepted the rent, then you would have the ability to claim that you've cured the default and by paying the rent, and therefore, the basis to evict is a moot issue.

That's really the main argument to make if that's the sole reason the landlord is wanting you removed.

but i need to write my response to submit to the court today. I need help for the format that's why I am paying for this advice online. thanks
i need a response from you

This site isn't set up to format legal documents. It's only to provide information. I'll opt out if you're looking for a legal document to be generated. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

not a legal document just a written format I will complete myself with my own words
i was thinking i could speak with someone after making payment..
Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I also can't provide completed forms, but I will find you a sample answer with some instructions. I can also answer some follow up questions should you have any. Give me just a minute

Take a look at this and tell me if this helps? http://texastenant.org/pdf_files/1024_Answer_Defendent_Evic.pdf I will be looking for a free handbook that is online that explains the process as well.

Here is the tenants rights handbook that is put out by Texas Young Lawyers Association towards the back it covers eviction https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Free_Legal_Information2&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=25969

You can get more help here and watch instruction videos http://texaslawhelp.org/issues/housing/eviction

Go through as much of this as needed and then reply here with any follow up questions.

If that answer your question then thank you in advance for providing me positive feedback as that is the only way I am credited for answering your question Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with as many follow up questions as are needed to answer the question you posted for free.

Regards,

I am so sorry for the responses received through this media. I am seriously disappointed because it did not meet my needs and expectation and does not worth the amount payed for this service. I beg to leave. Thanks for your time.
Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 2 years ago
Glenn Zimmerman

Please find the attached document. It was prepared as a scrivener only. I am not licensed to practice law in the state of Texas and therefore I am practicing in the state of Texas or holding my self out as a Texas lawyer. I am providing scrivener services, such as are provided by LegalZoom and such other non-lawyer providers..