How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 19131
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in rental apartments on a nursing home campus that

Customer Question

I live in rental apartments on a nursing home campus that are owned by the nursing home. mostly elderly and disabled people live in the rentals. I am a 52 year old disabled person able to take care of myself and the young 40 something disabled man who has mental problems but is fairly normal, lives beside me and we can almost hear one another breathing, the walls are so thin. He always is saying my first name and sometimes my last name and then saying f**k YOU and then my name. I have reported this more than 4 times to the director and ceo. They have warned m time and time again not to say that, but he still does it. The director and ceo says that I have to MOVE OUT! They can not make him move into a different apartment on the campus. Why couldn't they make him to solve this problem easily! f**k you is a threat!!
what can I do to take legal action against the ceo so they would HAVE TOMOVE HIM INTO ANOTHER APARTMENT beside a person who can't hear good. I am afraid to go outside because of him going to f**k me or kill me!!!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would first need to send a formal written demand to Director and CEO/Property Management("they" or "them") about the issue and what you need done. If they continue to refuse to do what you have requested or ignore your request, then you need file lawsuit at your local Courthouse for an Order forcing them to relocate the problem Tenant.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions