Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I bought a double wide a year ago that was suppose to be…

Customer Question
I bought a double wide...
I bought a double wide a year ago that was suppose to be inspected. I had to put a roof on because it had big holes in the roof my water froze so I had a plummer come out he said my heat tape and all was good it was froze at the meter and was the parks job to fix it there man disconnected my pipes and the water meter and tore up the heat tape and told me the plummer did not know what he was doing but for 450 he would fix it I told him no way. I got some one else to fix it he also caused a gas leak. the gas company came out and the hot water tank that is behind a wall was not put in right should the park be paying for all these problems
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/21/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have a lease agreement or contract, the terms of it would govern who is responsible for what. But, if you don't have a contract or if it doesn't address this issue, the general rule is that the homeowner is responsible for any problems from the meter to the residence and the property owner or utility company is responsible for the meter box and beyond.

As for the hot water heater, if it wasn't installed properly, the person who installed it wrong should be liable.