Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Do you take paypal?
, I have a 3 unit 2 story

Customer Question
Do you take paypal...

Do you take paypal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Good AfternoonI have a 3 unit 2 story apartment, ground level unit is 3 bedrooms with two tenants with two dogs. Ground level has a rodent problem. I had a pest control co come out and seal all interior and exterior rodent entry areas and set traps. After one month we still have a problem with rodents in the walls and living area. I called another pest control co their method was the same, they said it would take 2 to 6 weeks to eradicate the rodents. The tenants are very upset and stressed. The only sure way is to tent and fumigate which takes 3 days and two nights. The pest co will start fumigating at 10 am and finish 2 days later at 12. Ground level tenants think I should pay for 2 rooms for 4 days 3 nights since hotel check in is 3 pm and allow only one pet per room. What are the guidelines?Thank you, Frank

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Do you take paypal for payment?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Cancel the live phone call request. I will wait for the email answer.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2016
Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 2 years ago
Glenn Zimmerman

Yes I take Paypal. Where is your mother going to court?

My question is not regarding my mother. I have a 3 unit 2 story apartment, ground level unit is 3 bedrooms with two tenants with two dogs. Ground level has a rodent problem. I had a pest control co come out andseal all interior and exterior rodent entry areas and set traps. After one month we still have a problem with rodents in the walls and living area. I called another pest control co their method was the same, they said it would take 2 to 6 weeks to eradicate the rodents. The tenants are very upset and stressed. The only sure way is to tent and fumigate which takes 3 days and two nights. The pest co will start fumigating at 10 am and finish 2 days later at 12. Ground level tenants think I should pay for 2 rooms for 4 days 3 nights since hotel check in is 3 pm and allow only one pet per room. What are the guidelines?Thank you, Frank
Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

Do not be concerned with short delays in my response to you.

Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. If you would like a phone call let me know and I will arrange it.

I type slow, but including some time to research certain questions you will see my answer below in 5-10 minutes.

Regards,

Generally a landlord should provide a suitable alternative during any extended time that the rental unit is uninhabitable. I would agree that the fumigation makes it uninhabitable and you are obligated legally to provide the alternative. I would think you may be able to make your own arrangement with a pet friendly hotel to allow you to pay for early check in on day 1 at 10:00 am. then pay for following 2 nights and then the rental unit is available again at 12:00 PM which should be near to the same as required check out. If you they currently have a 3 bedroom (I may have misread the facts) then I think it reasonable for the tenant to ask for their own room. This would also be the same if the hotel does have this policy. I would recommend that you contact the hotel directly and pay directly for room only. You can advise that these are the arrangements you are willing to pay for and if they want to add a night they can pay for the additional night, but that you are doing your best to provide an alternative during the period the unit is not habitable, but not for extra days, etc.

Does that answer your question? If so thank you in advance for providing me positive feedback as that is the only way I am credited for answering your question Do note that after leaving positive feedback you are welcome to reply here with as many follow up questions as are needed to answer the question you posted for free.

Regards,

RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Attorney