Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My daughter (30 yrs old and a gh school teacher) leased an…

Customer Question
My daughter (30 yrs old...
My daughter (30 yrs old and a high school teacher) leased an apartment in Tampa 1 yr and 4 months ago with her boyfriend.....they had been together 4 years at that time but had never lived together before this. Things went from bad to worse and in nov 2015 she asked him to leave for numerous reasons. He has refused to sign off on the lease of the apartment or take all his belongings out. He has rented another apt on his own 2 weeks ago, and in the last 5 nights has not come to the apartment they share he got out of work. The apt. mgmt office tells her there is nothing they can do as far as changing the locks or the lease. In other words he can come and go at any time as long as he is on this lease, but yet has not paid his share (1/2 the rent and utilities as he agreed to) in many many months. He has told her there is nothing she can do because she has nothing in writing saying he will pay her anything. She has paid all the application fees, security deposits etc. to get in the apartment in the beginning....its not fair that she would have to move to get away from him and lose all that money. He is nuts....the other night just to harass her he called her 30 times in a row because she wouldnt answer his call. when she is at work he comes to the apartment and goes through all her stuff. The mental abuse she is enduring is awful!!!! What can be done???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/19/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did your daughter inform her ex in writing that she does not want to be contacted by him and any further contact would constitute harassment?