Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We recently vacated a property after 6 years. We always paid

Customer Question

HI - we recently vacated a property after 6 years. We always paid our rent in full and on time. The house did experience hard wear and tear while we were there and we did experience a small fire under the kitchen sink which damaged the inside of the kitchen cabinet and door. In addition to our security deposit, I gave the landlord 3000.00 to put towards the damage. None of the other damage was malicious, there were no fixtures pulled out or holes in the wall. I am admitting there were damages, however the landlord hired an attorney to collect $15,000. The landlord also entered our property while we still had possession and threw away the remainder of our property. When I challenged him about that he claimed it was because of the condition of the house. He claims he has pictures of the damage and receipts for repairs. Are we out of luck?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney,and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What was the value of your property removed by the landlord?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?