How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive the judge final notice and writ of possession will

Customer Question

Customer: good morning my name is***** receive the judge final notice and writ of possession will be post on my door very soon how can I stop it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have an eviction prcess for non payment and judge rule on favor of the landlord without a trail I'm surre the 24 hours notice will be post on these days im trying to stop it so i can get more time topay i paid a lawyer 500 but he didn't do anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that if you had a judge rule in favor of the landlord for evicting you for non-payment of rent you only have one remaining option to stop the eviction. Your sole option is to file an appeal and take the case to the higher court to prove there was no legal reason to evict you from the property. When you file for your appeal, you would file a motion to stay enforcement of the judgment and the court could make you put up a money bond in the amount of 2 times the rent due to secure your appeal. If you cannot afford that then you need to also ask the court for a pauper waiver, which they will only grant if you have good legal cause for your appeal.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions