Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Our landlord left a LOT of s own personal property in the

Customer Question
Our landlord left a LOT...
Our landlord left a LOT of his own personal property in the house we rented 11.5 years ago, for example, 2 large couches, a recliner, a 8'x4' table taking up most of the garage, 2 large beds, a desk. Isn't there a law that states that we can claim and recover the percent of the house we could not use because it is clogged up with his property? What is the relevant code section?
Frank J. W.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/4/2016
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Good afternoon. Does the lease agreement allow the landlord to keep these personal items in the home? If so, was there an agreement to allow this? I am just trying to understand why you 1) would allow this to happen over the years and if you ever demanded the items be removed and 2) if the rent reflects the lack of space which you can use and/or you asked for a reduction at any time?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer