How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 34505
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you actually there
, yes. fixed term oregon one

Customer Question

Customer: Are you actually there
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes. fixed term oregon one year lease. tenant is 4 months in and on Dec. 23 sent email (not notice) saying they were terminating and attached a long list of BS issues with the home they said we allowed them to move into. this is my 67 yo moms home for 12 years, the lease states they accepted the home in and reviewed condiditon, and she promptly fixed the two issues they brought up to here within a few days.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Landlord-Tenant Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Let them know that you will enforce the lease whether they live there or not and that the condition of the premises is habitable and in compliance with the lease. If they move out or stop paying rent then you will need to sue immediately for breach of the lease.

If the lease allows, you can also claim your attorney fees. Point out to them that their exposure is much more than just the rent.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?