Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I was renting a house 1/2 without any lease. Can I be

Customer Question
I was renting a house...
I was renting a house for 1 1/2 without any lease . Can I be responable for damage that might have been done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2015
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Good afternoon. Yes, you could. If the damage was done by you, the landlord could hold you liable. Of course, prior to vacating, you want to make any necessary repairs and leave the rental in the same condition as when you took possession, less any wear and tear. The fact that there is no lease does not mean that you can not be held liable for any damages.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney