Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My ex-Property management company in WA has been asking due

Customer Question
My ex-Property management company in...
My ex-Property management company in WA has been asking for charges due to error in water charge calculations after 7 months of settlement and termination of lease agreement.
They have not provided basis of their calculation of charges and have been pushing me to pay $268.15. They have also reported matter to the Credit Bureau as delinquency on my credit report. I need assistance to deal with their arrogant behavior and unjustified call for charges.
Thanks,
Shashi Sawhney
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/10/2015
Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq

Thank you for your question. A couple of quick questions.

1) You were the tenant? 2) You moved off of the property and lease was terminated? 3) You settled with the property management company for all fees and charges owed? 4) if so, is there a settlement document and does it provide that all charges or bills have been satisfied by the agreement?

1. Yes, I was the tenant.
2. I moved out on Aug 31, 2014 after the lease termination.
3. I settled every cent charged to me in the final settlement bill (have all copies). I was apid a check of $177.95 after deduction of final charges from my security deposit.
4. Yes, I have their letter stating final account and showing credit of $177.95.5. On 03/17/15, I was sent a letter asking for outstanding of $268.15 and had few other documents attached stating that the landlords main water meter was wrongly read and the City of Redmond has asked for arrears to pay $55,537 and my share is $268.15. I have questioned them 2 things, :
a) how come I am liable for the charges after the final settlement?
b) what are the basis of calculation for $268.15
I was never responded for those questions and keep getting threats to pay or we will send the accounts to the collection agency.
I have full details of utility charges billed and paid by me during the tenancy of 18 months. I also have record of all correspondences with the property agent.
Would you like to call me now? I am available on(###) ###-####

I do not perform the service of a phone call but you can propose an offer that will be open to all experts if you do wish to speak to someone. This normally costs $52 more above the cost of the question.

Did you still want me to continue?

Unfortunately, I wouldn't commit any more money until I a satisfied with my initial consultation. I am finding very hard to stay online as response from your site is very poor and at times the web browser shows ' Unable to load the page'.
I would like to know how long you want me to be watching this page. I need to plan for my meeting as I am at work now.

I had asked the question do you want me to continue? That is fine and you do not need to propose a phone call, that is something that automatically pops up and I did not cause that to happen. I assume you want me to continue and I will. The question was shown as closed by customer service on my page.

Your web site is totally unreliable and keeps loading the page and suddenly drops an error - 'Web Page unable to Load' for this reason a phone call will be better.
I also can't wait indefinitely since I may have to go for a meeting soon.

I will go ahead and opt out as I do not perform that service as a phone call costs extra.

can't see the response.
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

New professional here. I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Not interested for the phone call offer for an additional amount of $52.
Please don't try to sell me any additional services without first satisfying with proper reponse to my case.
Offer not acceptable. Continue chat via web and let me know what details you need to provide required assistance.

Good afternoon,

I offered you a call for $30, and not $52----and I offered it only because you asked for a call. I am not prepared to get into the issues that your question calls for except by phone, and so if you don't want a call for $30 additional, that's fine. Just let me know and I will opt out.

Doug

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer