Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Is a three year lease that was not notarized varied, and can

Customer Question

is a three year lease that was not notarized varied, and can i break the lease based on the fact that landlord wont do repairs.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is this a residential lease or a commercial lease?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I am more than willing to speak with you via phone but your payment method did not clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It's residential, however the house was intended for business use as an adult family and the owner was aware.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's okay, would it be okay to continue via typing text.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I'd prefer not to because of the complexity of what you have asked. There are multiple issues to deal with that are best suited to a phone conversation.

I will make a call offer to you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I was on a phone call with another customer.

I will presume that you are no wanting a call, and I will opt out and allow another professional to assist you.

Have a great evening,

Doug

Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Is this a commercial lease?

If, yes, then what does the lease state about repairs?