How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My tenant is not moving peacefully. She's banging from

Customer Question

My tenant is not moving peacefully. She's banging from her room and I'm downstairs hearing all the "intentional" noises to annoy me, can I leave my house? My poor dog is so scared, he's hiring under the bed. I want to leave my house but I'm afraid should
there be an emergency and I'm not here, etc. but at the same time, I'm going to go nuts. Can I call the police to ask her to quiet it down?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

I might be mistaken, but I think I am on another question with you as well. I will answer this one here and continue to reply as needed over on the other question as it relates to that question

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can simply leave if she is actually moving out though you may want to stay on site unless you can prevent her from taking any of your items. Sometimes when people are upset they do things they otherwise would not so if you suspect she might take something of yours it would be a good ideal to stay onsite.

That is not to say that if she is disturbing your peace you are entitled to call the police with a noise complaint and they will likely come out and speak to her. Once they arrive you might just tell them that she has been asked to move out and is upset, but the noise is unbearable and you didnt want to approach her as it might escalate things?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the police and they were very nice and gave many legal advice but they did not take a report, talk to my roommate because they said this is a civic manner. I mentioned that she is upset and this situation might get worst....didn't help. This is like being on TV where cops come after one is killed. Any other suggestion.
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this as I am sure it creates a great deal of stress. I see from the numerous questions you have posted that this has likely consumed all of your time trying to deal with this difficult tenant. I am sorry I did not see your post as it came through at 2:12 AM where I am located and I was in bed. Due to medical conditions I typically have some difficulty in the morning and so I am typically online after 1200 PM CST until about 10:00. Has the tenant now moved out? I hope this issue has resolved with her/him leaving. It is unfortunate that the police didn't at least speak to her as they would if you had made a noise complaint about another tenant if you lived in an apartment. At times they are a little to quick to state it is civil matter and walk away. In reality getting her out of the house is a civil matter that might require all the legal steps of eviction, but the noise issue should have been addressed by them. My hope was if they simply spoke to her she would calm down some and do things quieter. Do note that if she damages the unit you should document that with photographs and if possible an additional witness as you could file a claim against her for any such damages.

Again thank you in advance for a positive rating on my answer. If you don't feel you can leave positive feedback please reply back and give me the opportunity to clarify my answer or provide additional information as it relates to the question you posted.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

It is my goal to provide you excellent service and do my best to fully answer the question you posted. The only way I get any credit for my answer is if you give me a positive rating between good-excellent. I would truly appreciate you taking the time to go back and review my answer and give me feedback. In the event you don’t feel like I answered your question please reply so I have an opportunity to fully answer the question you asked. In the event you have already provided feedback and I missed it Thank you and please disregard.



Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to check in with you and confirm that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 5th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received a rating. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can go directly to my page for future questions by going here:

Regards, Ron

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions