How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We,ve been living in a home. 30 yrs. the home was in the

Customer Question

we,ve been living in a home for approx. 30 yrs. the home was in the estate along w/other homes we,ve been putting thousands of dollars into the home believing my father-in-law was going to be will it he wants us to pay rent up to $1500.00 a month when we were paying only $550.00 can I sue for the thousands we,ve put into the home in order for the up keep and raising the property there any recourse? my name is Sam
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Did you have any communications by email, text or otherwise about how you would be compensated for the investments you put in the house? What did you tell your father in law at the time you made the investments? At the time he refused to sell the house to you what was discussed about his reason for refusing the sale or the money you had invested?

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

What state are you in?