Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

Should I ask to consolidate with the Torrens case or

Customer Question

Should I ask to consolidate with the Torrens case or continue with the review before the housing judge. The housing court has ruled in favor of the banks and refused to acknowledge that title never changed to the bank. Three judges ordered that there can be no eviction, but the housing court evicted me anyway. should I file the motion with the housing court and Torrens court or ask for consolidation at the housing court hearing.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry about the charge, but it is merely a refundable deposit and it is out of the expert's hands as we are not employees of the site and have no control over what this site does.

Quite honestly, you should and need to appeal the housing court eviction and you should also ask the Torrens court to consolidate your case. The reason you do both is that in case either court denies your request, you still have one other chance. You also need to file a motion to stay the eviction pending your appeal of the eviction or consolidation of the case.