How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to go to court tomorrow and I need a public defender

Customer Question

I have to go to court tomorrow and I need a public defender I am 67 yrs old and on ss,so ican't afford a lawyer and my granddaughter ,who is in the army can't get help .we wre given 12 days to move and the judge would not hear me,i have an adopted 9 yr old girl and my gd has a 2 yr old daughter and he still made us move and my gd in the army was on a training mission and wrote the court and the other att. ,and they said it wasn't enough,they had 3 wks notice ,I tried postponing but her lawyer who get back to me,so I don't know what to do . p.s. it wasn't for failure to pay rent,we paid on time.we need help court is nov. 18th at 9 am ..thank you ..edith dries #(###) ###-####we need help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Public defenders are only for criminal cases.

What type of civil case is this? Is this a foreclosure? Eviction?