How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 795
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece is disabled with MS. Her husband has a room which

Customer Question

My niece is disabled with MS. Her husband has a room which is full of trash, empty bottles,piles of clothes,etc. And won't keep room cleaned. Piles everywhere. It's a rental house,no lease, she can't remember why, when she was more able, she was going to divorce him. It's a fire risk but he won't clean. Their daughter who is 20 gets mad when we fight. I want this trash gone and him too! What are my options? I'm too old to fight and clean up after him, but don't want to risk a fire in this garbage heap!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today. Before I do so can you tell how old your niece is and what steps if any you have taken so far?

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Also please tell me in which county your niece resides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in Richland Co, Mansfield, oh
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information. Can you please tell me your nieces age and what steps you have taken so far to address the situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot locate a legal aid service. My niece is 48. This "man" is almost 50. Their daughter is 20. I'm almost 67 yrs old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She gets disability and I get social security.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

You will want to contact the Richland County Board of Developmental Disabilities.

Their address is:

Mansfield, Ohio 44902
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####

There website can found here :

Department phone numbers are here

You will probably want to start with the Adult Services Department.

Adult Services
150 E. Fourth St., Mansfield, OH 44902
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Amanda South, Director(###) ###-####/p>

Ann Glaze, Voc-Eval/Hab Support***-***-****

You should be able to contact and report your concerns anonymously. They should send a worker out to check on her welfare.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, concerns or need any additional information.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.


Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”


Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

It has been a few days since I answered your question. I thought I would follow up and see if you needed any additional information. Also if you have not yet rated my answer please do so. This is the way I receive credit for helping you.