How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57303
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My rented house was broken into, and tore up..My items were

Customer Question

My rented house was broken into, and tore up..My items were stolen and I do not feel safe in the house. I ask my landlord to break my lease but she want me to pay 2 months rent and an early termination fee.. Since I am.a victim of burglary is there a way for me not to pay these extra fees?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you would cancel on basis of landlord failing to provide habitable premises and quiet enjoyment - which are landlord obligations under the lease. Kindly let me know if that is fast and clear.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively.