How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My tenant just moved out on me without giving any written

Customer Question

My tenant just moved out on me without giving any written notice and wants me to use his deposit for rent. Problem being is his deposit is only have of what his rent is. I told him that this is not how it works, you have to give me 30 days notice in writing and your deposit is never used for rent. What do I do sir?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am going to assist you with your question.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the only thing you will be able to do is sue your tenant for breach of the lease.

He is allowed to forfeit his deposit as payment for the rent, however if there is any balance remaining, you can sue him for that amount.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions