How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 33005
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I re a lawyer in Los Angeles to fight an unlawful

Customer Question

if I hire a lawyer in Los Angeles to fight an unlawful detainer approximately how much should I expect to pay
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

While lawyers typically charge by the hour, there are attorneys who will represent a tenant in a forcible for a flat fee. It is completely negotiable. If you use a neighborhood attorney you will find it less expensive.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I would expect it to run at least $500.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions