How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We gave somebody renting a house from us. We do not have a

Customer Question

We gave somebody renting a house from us. We do not have a lease, they were moving out by Sept. 30th 2015. They have not moved yet or paid rent for October. They are also behind $600.00 on their utilities! What can we do to get them out and to pay utilities? They still have a vehicle parked in the drive way and the house is in locked! They have moved the majority of their belonging out and I think they plan on returning for the rest and the vehicle! Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, the only way to legally remove the tenants whether there is a written lease or not is to pursue legal eviction through the local court and also lawsuit for any damages (unpaid rent / utilities) could be pursued through the local court.

Here is the link to the official ND Courts with the instructions related to filing and pursuing an eviction or you can hire a local attorney to help you evict the tenants and collect any damages:

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.