Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

My lease is automatically renewed each May.The owner has

Customer Question

My lease is automatically renewed each May.The owner has sold the house and he put a notice on the door (cease to quit) and I have to vacate by November 30 Also he said he has to keep some of security to cover the cost of re painting. I've been here for 8 years and he has never painted, and I have never received any information about my security. The apt is a 1 bedroom with back yard. The home itself was converted from a 1 family to a 2 family with side by side entrances. What rights do I have about leaving with such a short notice and him trying to keep my security?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Which state? Is the written lease currently in effect? If yes, does it have a termination provision? When does it expire?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i live in NJ. YES I AM ONLINE WITH YOU
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Is the written lease still in effect? If so, when does it expire?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Are you there?