How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask barristerinky Your Own Question
barristerinky, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 37066
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
barristerinky is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend has asked me to accompany me on a two month

Customer Question

A friend has asked me to accompany me on a two month vacation.
I have lived in a supportive housing project for four years, and this is a wonderful opportunity for me (I am wheelchair bound).
I told my housing manager that I am planning to take this two month vacation, and will be leaving my apartment for that period of time, but my adult son will be checking in to my apartment from time to time to see that all is well.
The housing manager called me back, and informed me that under the Landlord and Tenant act, I can only leave my apartment for one month at the time, maximum.
I countered, asking him what do I need to do then? He said that I need to come back for one day in the two month period so to break up the two month absence.
I can't imagine that this is so, and have researched it but can't find anything on that topic.
is he right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


Can you tell me what state this is in?


Is there anything in your written lease about an extended absence?





Related Landlord-Tenant Questions