Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
7286322

In what condition must a landlord leave a house to be

Customer Question

In what condition must a landlord leave a house to be rented,prior to purchase? I'm going to rent the property that I have contracted to purchase. The carpets are soiled from previous occupancy., and the dishwasher is broken. Do they have to clean the
house prior to me renting? There is also a spliced electrical connection in the attic that does not have a junction box. I purchased the house as is with the intent of removing the disgusting carpet. I want to give them a choice of cleaning the carpet or letting
me remove it.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

What state is this in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know, since you never replied to my query as to which state this was in (I need this information to be able to answer your question).