Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

I have rented a unit to a couple in march this year with a

Customer Question

I have rented a unit to a couple in march this year with a one year lease. Original occupant moved out in may and remaining tenant has sublet residence without my knowledge or written consent. Which is a violation of the rental agreement. She was late on rent every month and finally in august 5th she has tex me she has a roommate. I did come over and left a credit application for approval. Told her if application is not filled by end of the month of August and approved I will give her 24 hrs notice to move out. Application was not filled out and 24 hr notice was given. She hired a lawyer saying I did exepted money for august from her roommate . In the memo on the money order says Kodis rent which is the tenants name but sign by somebody else . If that was the roommate signature . Well how should I know she never filled application . Do I gave a case or not. Her lawyer wants me to sign a letter I will not do her harm. I don't want to sign anything bbecause I did not except September rent and somebody lives in my duplex without lease or credit application. Is there something I should be worried about ? Her attorney told me if I lose I will pay his fees.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Can you please clarify your legal question for me, since I cannot comment on your specific case, but can provide you with a general answer to your legal question.

Thank you.