How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57388
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sell my condo in des Plains il, how to make my son

Customer Question

I want to sell my condo in des Plains il, how to make my son move .he is living there for free and we don't have any agreement
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Legally, he is considered a month to month tenant even where not paying rent. You give 30 day notice to end that tenancy and then may file in court. Practically, it can be expedited by negotiating to have him leave in exchange for helping him with moving, or having a lawyer file for eviction to add more pressure and leverage to the eviction.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if that is clear and helpful.