How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask philip.simmons Your Own Question
philip.simmons, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 34759
Experience:  10 years experience in the law
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
philip.simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an apartment and recently saw bed bugs. I learned

Customer Question

I live in an apartment and recently saw bed bugs. I learned they began with an efficiency apartment on the first floor three months earlier. They the infested the second floor apartment under me; I live on the 3rd floor above the 2ns floor apt that had them. I feel it was negligent on the part of management to not notify me and have an inspection done in my apartment since they knew of the two other cases. I live in Delaware. Can I sue on grounds of negligence and bed bug bites and can I ask for a new mattress, adjustable bed frame, costs for a new pillow top mattress pad, have a company wash and dry my clothes, and anything else I might need. Also, they are going to treat with chemicals which, from what I've read is not the best method to get rid of them. Also, for fear of getting them again, can I break my lease and move and also ask for relocation costs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never mind the call.
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 2 years ago.

I see you have a phone call request...I will send the offer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already paid $34 for your opinion and I want it in writing, not via the telephone for another $20. This sounds like a scam to me. Why am I not getting my answer in writing since I have no need to talk with you. If you're a qualified lawyer who can answer the question, then the answer should be in writing, and if I don't get it in writing, I'm going to get a refund for what I've already spent. Sorry, if this sounds harsh, but what I paid for was your opinion in writing. So, are you capable of doing that???? Please send your reply ASAP or I'll start the refund process. Maureen XXXX