How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am renting one of my property to a month to tenant, and

Customer Question

I am renting one of my property to a month to tenant, and they will be operating as a car lot and I was told that since the person im leasing to does not have a valid drivers license I my be liable if he were to drive a car and someone was to get hurt cause he does not have drivers license. Is that true
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not true.

You are leasing him a property, not a motor vehicle.

I do recommend requiring both the proof of insurance and having yourself (or your LLC/Corp. if your property is owned by an entity) named as an "Additional Insured" (doing this costs your tenant no additional money, but if there is a loss you then have a direct claim against his insurance instead of having to sue him to recover).

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions